Friday 6 April 2012

My Top 10 Break Up Songs That I Have Been Listening To Recently

Sorry that I haven't posted for a while. I have been having some personal dramas and have been a bit unfocused.

The guy that I have been exclusively dating recently, accidentally sent me a message that was clearly meant for another woman. Yeah, I am pretty furious.

The whole time that we have been seeing each other he has been constantly asking me if I was seeing anyone else, and if I didn't reply to his message in time he would accuse me of being with someone else. I was being faithful to him of course, but now I can see why he kept accusing me of cheating -because he was cheating and knew how easy it is to do it.

Well, I am happy to say that I am not sad. No tears have been shed over this guy. Mind you, I have been absolutely furious and with all this anger, there has been no room for sadness.

To help me get through it, I have been listening to a lot of music. Mainly the "stuff you" kind of break up songs. I am not in the mood for the soppy "I want you back" stuff, only the angry "get the hell out of my life" stuff.

Here is my top 10 list of break up songs that I have been listening to lately:


10. Cry For You -By September



Pretty much sums up how I am feeling at the moment. Actually, this song is how I feel after every break-up (if I have been hurt.) It's quite a sad song, but with a bit of a "F You" undertone. 

9. Still Believe -By Tim Cappello

                                       

You're probably going to think that I am a dork for liking this song but it is one of my most inspirational post-break up songs. The soundtrack to the movie "The Lost Boys" is probably one of the best movie soundtracks I have ever heard. Remember the song Cry Little Sister by G. Tom Mac? It is one of my favorite songs and I would love to post it, but it really doesn't belong here.

Still Believe by Tim Cappello is also one of my favorite songs. Tim Cappello is in my opinion, one of the best saxophone players ever. He was Tina Turners lead Saxophonist, absolutely amazing. This is the only solo single that I know of, by Tim Cappello. It has to be one of the best songs to listen to when you are down in the dumps and need to get back on your feet. 

8. What's Love Got To Do With It -By Tina Turner

                                      

Speaking of Tina Turner, the 8th song on my list is "What's Love Got To Do With It" This song is a classic and will never go out of style.

7. Don't Walk Away -By Toni Childs

                                      

Ouch. I would not want to be the man that Toni Childs is singing about in this song. Her voice alone is enough to knock any man off his feet.

I have lost count of the number of times that I have lip-synced into my hairbrush to this song, pretending that I had a voice like that. It is an incredibly powerful song. It gets the adrenaline pumping.

6. Ain't Gonna Eat My Heart Out -By The Divinyls

                                       

Another woman with an incredible voice. Although it is a little softer than Toni Childs voice, Chrissy Amphlett also has an amazing and unusual voice. The Divinyls is one of my favorite bands and Chrissy Amphlett is one of my favorite singers.

5. Be Mine! -By Robyn 

                                       


This song isn't really an angry break up song, but it goes in my list because I know that every man, woman, guy and girl has felt this way at least once in their life. Robyn really knows how to write a song that really pulls the heart-strings. I think that everyone can relate to this song at one point in their life.


4. Want -By Natalie Imbruglia



I really would have loved to post the official video to this song, but unfortunately embedding has been disabled by request -or something like that. It's unfortunate because I was actually going to talk about the video clip. Anyways, if you want to see the official video, you can find it here.

In the official video, Natalie Imbruglia is looking absolutely stunning. I am pretty sure this song came out not long after her break up with Daniel Johns from Sliverchair. After watching the official video and hearing the song, I can't help but think that the break up was a lot more messy and hurtful than what the media made it out to be.

I think it is amazing song for when you have been dumped and hurt, the lyric "I hope you get all that you want, because I didn't" really pulls at my heart strings.

3. Paper Romance -By Groove Amarda


I am not actually too sure if this is a break up song. However, I have been listening to it anyway. The lyrics "You can write me a love letter, but there is nothing to say. Don't want to take a chance on a paper romance, anyway" really hit close to home during this break up that I am going through, mainly because it has been a long-distance relationship for most of it. Most of our communication was via skype, phone or message. So I think this song fits.

2. With Every Heart Beat -By Robyn

                                       

Robyn again. lets face it, she's really good at break up songs.

This one isn't so angry, and I actually haven't listened to it that much during this break up that I am going through now for that reason. However, it deserves a place on the list because it really is a beautiful break up song.

1. The Break Up Song (They Don't Write 'Em) -By Greg Khin Band

                                         

What can I say? What an awesome song. I think everyone should have this one in their mp3 player to listen to after a break up, or even when they aren't going through a break up. The song is just that good.

This is the kind of song that comes on when you are at a bar with your friends, and everyone starts drunkingly  whailing "They don't write 'em like that any more, they just don't write 'em like that any moooooooooore" 

Break up or no break up, I am more than happy to listen to this song. Brilliant.


So there are my top 10 break up songs. I did leave a few out, so I might end up making a part 2 of this list later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment